With a new year comes new dreams, new resolutions, and new goals! Here at YAH - we want 2014 to be our best year yet and we want YOU to help us! We have tons of opportunities for students and parents to get involved and give back to the Hudson community!
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER:
1. Volunteering has been associate with academic gain. Students who volunteer tend to do better in school. Volunteering allows students to link what they have learned in the classroom to real experiences!
2. HEALTH BENEFITS! That's right - volunteering can help you become healthier. Research shows that individuals who volunteer have better physical and mental health than those who do not!
3. Free money. Yes, you read that right. There are numerous college scholarships available for students who volunteer in their community.
4. Build up your resume or college application! Win over potential employers and colleges by showcasing your volunteer work which demonstrates civic participation, teamwork and problem solving! Volunteering gives you experience that many employers appreciate, and colleges look for in applicants.
5. Meet new people! Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet new people and form new networks! You could meet your new best friend or future employer through volunteering!